Why Washing & Styling is Stressful
When experiencing hair loss or being concerned with the onset of hair thinning, the moment we feel the most anxiety is during the washing and styling of our hair. Why? Because seeing hair fall after washing is the exact moment we are reminded our hair is falling out. We can't miss the evidence. The strands wind up in our hands and collect in our drain. We see excessive hair loss after washing around the sink, the floor and piling onto our hair brush. It's a painful reminder of our hair loss condition and our minds race ahead of us with visions of losing more, and more hair.
Experiencing this hair fall can be so upsetting that we alter our hair care routines. Aka - skipping days or washing hair only twice a week, spritzing on dry shampoo to stretch out the time between washes, or opting for ponytails, buns, or hats and baseball caps.
Unfortunately, these practices can do more harm than good and compound the issue. The lack of shampooing can build up product residue and trap oils on the scalp, clogging hair follicles and potentially leading to more hair fall. Wearing hair tightly pulled up can put strain and stress on the hair follicles as well and if worn repeatedly, can lead to thinning, traction alopecia and even permanent follicle damage and hair loss.
Rather than skipping the wash, let INTACT help combat hair loss when washing hair, by following these tips:
1. START with INTACT The best way to keep your hair from thinning? Keep it on your head. INTACT Root Securing Complex is the first line of defense to help reduce hair pull from washing and styling. Before washing, apply INTACT to your scalp and let sit for at least 10 minutes, then wash, brush and style with confidence. You will be able to see the decrease in normal hair loss after washing.
2. ALWAYS be GENTLE Think kind and gentle in ALL aspects of your hair care regimen. Use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo. Squeeze out excess water verses roughing up the hair when towel drying. Detangle gently and allow hair to air dry if possible. Use low heat settings when blow-drying and styling.
3. MASSAGE your SCALP Not only is a good scalp massage relaxing (an important factor in managing stress and hair loss) but it can also help increase circulation to support the movement of nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles.
4. Get a HANDLE on BREAKAGE Not all the hair you see in the drain or brush is actual hair loss. Broken hair can create an impression of excessive hair shedding as well. Breakage also weakens hair and thins out its appearance over time. To avoid breakage, detangle hair gently by starting at the tips and working up towards the roots. Incorporate a deep conditioning hair mask twice weekly into your routine to help improve hydration and increase elasticity to avoid brittleness and breakage.
5. FEED your HAIR Hair needs care from the inside out, not just in the way you wash and style it. Eat a well-balanced diet, rich in omega fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals. Drink LOTS of water to stay hydrated. Select nourishing shampoos and conditioners to help strengthen and hydrate.
INTACT Root Securing Complex is the best way to minimize hair fall after washing and when styling. Resume these activates with confidence and shop now at INTACT!