How to Control & Reduce Hair Fall
How to Control & Reduce Hair Fall
Oh, the dreaded trials of hair loss; whether you notice hair clumps clinging to your brush or your ponytail has gotten too thin for comfort as of late — hair fall is a nuisance. We frown at the elusive hairline or sparse volume, and worse, feel timid about leaving the house.
Hair loss is a tremendous experience that affects women of all ages — and it’s fraught with fear, anxiety, and shame. After all, losing hair can feel like losing an integral part of yourself.
But how can you tell if your hair loss is normal or getting into worrisome territory?
It’s natural to lose hair every day (around 100 strands), but excessive hair fall can create turbulent waves in your life. What’s really going on here, and what can you do about it? The first step to reclaiming your hair health is equipping yourself with an understanding of the most common causes of hair loss.
From there, you’ll be on the path to better solutions.
Keep reading as we explore the causes of hair loss, how to reduce hair fall, reclaim your confidence, and keep your hairs on your fabulous head, where they belong.
Why Does Hair Fall Out?
If your hair is falling excessively, it could be hinting at an underlying cause. The important thing is that you’re here, which means you know something isn’t quite right, and you’re proactively seeking answers. In this section, we’ll look at common causes of hair fall.
Hair shedding and loss can happen for several reasons. A prevalent biological cause is female pattern hair loss. FPHL looks like thinning in patches at the crown of your head and overall reduced hair mass.
Unfortunately, the issue exacerbates with age, as it’s progressive. But there’s redemption in this because genetic hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) is treatable for many people with FDA-approved treatments like Minoxidil and Rogaine®.
“Losing your hair means loss of identity, it means loss of femininity, it means loss of normalcy, and it means loss of familiarity... But here I am, coming out on top. Alopecia doesn’t own me, but dang, I’m proud to be an Alopecian.”
Postpartum & Major Life Events
Fluctuating postpartum hormone levels can trigger excessive hair shedding, which usually occurs 3-6 months after childbirth. When hair stops growing during the telogen phase, plummeting hormones can lead to excessive hair loss.
Taking care of your infant and losing hair is not a combo you signed up for, but we’re going to walk you through it every step of the way.
And it’s not just childbirth; any major life event — menopause, chemotherapy, medical illness, puberty — can biologically alter your body and disrupt the hair growth cycle.
While these kinds of biological factors feel outside of your control, others, like poor hair routine habits, can be altered.
Over or Under-Washing
Not shampooing frequently enough causes inflammation from a buildup of dead skin cells, which leads to itching, scratching, soreness, and ultimately, hair breakage.
Conversely, over-shampooing strips your hair of nourishing oils required to keep your scalp’s cellular activity healthy, leading to a dry scalp.
When did washing your hair become an unsolvable word problem? There is a method here, and it mostly requires you to build a washing routine around your hair type and scalp health. Generally, it’s safe to wash your hair every 2-3 days. Take notice of how your scalp reacts. If you’re itching and scratching — or even bleeding — increase the frequency.
If dandruff comes pouring down, restrict washing to every three days. Your scalp will tell you what’s right, so tune in to its response.
Yes, beachy waves are all the rage right now, but overusing heat styling tools like blow dryers and curling can make or break your hair — literally.
Are you coloring your hair?
Unfortunately, bleaching and dyeing your locks is a hair-cell killer. The harsh chemicals in hair dyes diminish the hair to a brittle, straw-like state that eventually snaps off.
We know how valuable your color and styling routines are to your self-image; you’ll just need to mitigate the damage with some restorative, hydrating hair fall solutions.
“Hating my hair held a heavy weight within me. It stayed with me 24/7. Day to day, it was hard to shake off. Until one day, I woke up & was just done! I realized I could take back control & love that part of myself again.”
Are you ready to regain control?
Tips to Reduce Hair Fall
We’ve outlined ways to reduce hair fall, as well as some patterns to lay to rest for good.
Hair Fall Control Tips — Dos:
- Use INTACT Anti Hair Shedding Treatment: Imagine having an entire professional hair salon neatly tucked into a sleek and portable bottle. Well, our dermatologist-developed hair fall treatment combats hair shedding and loss while restoring the natural shine, body, and volume of your locks.
- Cut down on heat styling tools: It’s important to let your hair breathe from the heat every once in a while. If you must pull out a blow dryer or curling wand, be sure to set the temperature to the lowest setting. Don’t forget to add heat protectant spray before styling!
- Find shampoos with low pH levels: When there’s a disruption to your hair’s natural pH moisture balance, you’ll notice it — hair breaks, sticks to your sweater, falls into your morning coffee. It seems counterintuitive, but research shows that hair-loss prescription shampoos with high pH levels cause more breakage. Instead, try a shampoo with low pH levels to keep your strands happy and healthy — and your cuppa jo hair-free.
There are many natural and at-home remedies for hair fall, and you can find all of our best tips for hair care protection in this complete guide.
Hair Fall Control Tips — Don'ts:
- Take hot showers: But who can resist a steamy hot shower? We know it’s divine, but avoiding hot showers reduces hair fall. When you expose your hair to hot water, the heat penetrates your hair follicles, inevitably leading to dryness and shedding. Stick with cooler showers, and your hair will thank you. Or, keep your hair out of the way as you wash everything else — then when you’re ready to clean your hair, turn down the temp.
- Roughly brush your hair: Have you ever painfully snagged your hair while brushing? By doing that, your scalp is sending a signal that you’re applying too much pressure. As a result, the cuticles react, and hair breaks off. Instead, gently comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb from the tips of your hair first, gently working up to the roots.
- Wear tight hairstyles: While we can all appreciate a tidy bun or ponytail, tight hairdos tug at the follicles, and over time, they’ll shrink so much that they’re unable to produce new hairs. A common consequence of this is traction alopecia, a hair loss condition induced by taut buns, ponytails, hair extensions, and braids. The solution? Switch up your styling choices; let your hair flow freely or wear soft scrunchies.
What’s the Best Hair Fall Solution?
Finding a reliable hair fall solution can feel a bit like applying eyeliner in the dark: blind and messy. But there is a better way.
It’s completely natural to feel stressed right now, and the vicious cycle of stress perpetuating hair loss is enough to rattle anyone. Fortunately, you have the power to redirect this course toward positive change.
While the hair control tips mentioned above can help reduce hair shedding, you’ll want to grab a stable, proven-effective hair fall solution like Intact.
INTACT Anti Hair Shedding Treatment
Gaining a full head of thick, luxurious locks starts with making smart and healthy decisions. Intact Root Securing Treatment is a clinically proven hair fall control solution. For years, a team of medical professionals specializing in women’s hair loss worked unwaveringly to develop a substantial hair fall treatment.
The result of their labor of love is an all-in-one treatment for hair shedding, scalp moisturization and restoration, and shiny, silky hair you can’t help but flaunt. Most of all, it protects hair during vulnerable moments like daily washing, brushing, and styling.
- The serum’s healing technology activates in just 10 minutes after application.
- The product is vegan-friendly and free of harsh chemicals like sulfates, silicones, and artificial dyes — it’s only made with the good stuff (like hydrating coconut fatty acids and vitamins).
- Intact boasts a stellar 77% success rate!
How Does INTACT Work?
The beauty of INTACT Anti Hair Shedding Treatment is that you can easily squeeze it into your daily routine without thinking twice. Simply apply and evenly massage the treatment into your dry scalp, wait 30 minutes, and hop in the shower. By the time you’re done showering, your hair will have happily soaked up Intact’s nourishing balm.
The beauty of INTACT is its capability to strengthen and secure hair at the roots. Where most hair products target the actual hair, Intact goes deeper, stimulating the follicles to open and receive more nutrients required for healthy growth.
Whether you’re washing, brushing, blow-drying, or styling your hair, your tresses will stay full, shiny, and healthy — and your scalp will thrive.
Goodbye Hair Fall, Hello Healthy, Happy Strands!
Hair fall can feel like you’ve lost control, but being able to reclaim your hair health is a powerful act of self-love. At Daniel Alain, our mission is to empower you with an immediate solution you can use at home.
Ready to learn more about INTACT Anti Hair Shedding Treatment’s healing and hydrating prowess? With all-natural, vegan ingredients and hydrating compounds, Intact ensures every strand counts.
It’s time to partner up with Intact to say goodbye to hair fall — and drain clogging — for good!